Sunday, August 29, 2010

Little bit

Okay got it so it will load up an image and hold it on screen. Also can pull up an asset by name. It doesn't all show up yet, but I can open the startup.q3, index it, then pull up the opening asset by name.

It still has to get the code added to make the ui buttons function at least to the amount that you highlight when going over them. Then will add in a scripting language (lua) to make the buttons do something. (mainly just make the quit button quit. But also have the buttons that pull up other sub menu's actually do that.

This is the first step to getting a personal UI system that will read the whole Q3. As I get to know how the buttons work I will get a better feel for the UI system in general. If I ever get to read the code this should have given me a good foundation to work with it.

My scripting language will be Lua not QUIL as I have no access yet to how QUIL actually works or looks like. But off to bed, have to work in a few hours. Night all.

Oh, after I get this up and running my son wants me to make a teaser, so maybe next week sometime I shall do that.

1 comment: