Sunday, July 25, 2010

Images

Going back through the images my first image puller did. Boy they are not that great. Will have to write the translator of images to go both ways to make better ones. I had one that translated from Q3 to BMP, but was done when I didn't fully understand the format. I have one that goes from 8bit BMP to Q3 (but has to have the BMP use a specific color table). Now to put them together, let the 8bit image use any 8bit table (grayscale tho), and then also a 16 bit color version (or 24 bit that only uses 16 number of colors). The 16 bit images use a 555 color format but I still don't understand how an image is figured out since they have no way of letting you know what format the colors are saved in on a BMP.

Then expand out to use other formats for the source images to Q3. Adding more shouldn't be that hard after the first code goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment