Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gaaa more strangeness

Well, more odditites on the Development machine.

It locked out after an update, it seemed. So four more installs of XP on the machine and we might be stable. Seems odd, but installing the drivers for the motherboard from the disk I got with it seems to make it unstable now. Worked for years before, now install the drivers, system locks out.

But it seems stable, but I haven't moved back onto that machine yet. It now has XP and two versions of Linux on it. Will be interesting to see how compiling on different OSs work out. I program using Code::Blocks and use SDL so in theory my code should work on both sides of my machine.

Now for the actual update.

I have stepped back on what I have been doing as I set up a project that was to big for me to work on and beyond my skills (and knowledge) at the moment. Working on the editor for adding new Ship UI's to the game, and in the future changing the other UI parts of the game.

So first step I am working on a small program that will take the image files and just display them to the screen. No translation to other formats, right from the Q3 image file format. This is step one.

Step two, work on making my buttons work, then add moving images (the click on and move image thingie). This will allow the picking up of elements and putting them on the ship where needed.

Then work on adding Windows that hold the images that you need to use to add on the ship. Step three.

So this is where I am right now. Sorry so slow on updating here, been working on learning on alot of the Q3 stuff and other parts of the game. Details on that, sadly can't be talked about right now. But maybe I can put out some spoilers as I work on the UI editing parts with screen shots down the road.

But first on to step one, going to start tonight on that.

1 comment: